Friday, June 11, 2010

Finally finished Line battalions

I had a day off work today and took the chance to start the Herculean task of basing my 15 French Battalions. I found It quite enjoyable though as you can get quite creative in moving the grass and Glue around to make muddy shapes.

I didn't put down a layer of sand first but went straight for the PVA and flock mix. I find I can make good looking bases without the time consuming sand layer first. I did try a bit of sand/grit basing, but the results aren't really worth the time it took and it all gets lost in the detail of the muddy footprints etc.

6 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

That's quite nice collection your amassing in Naps!

Cheers
Christopher

Red Cardinal said...

What make/type flock grass do you use?

BigRedBat said...

Phew... how many men to a battalion?

Secundus said...

The flock is the standard type you can get from any model railway shop.
The nice long tufts which really stand out are from Silflor. I recommend them as they create great detail and make the ground look more uneven.

Hello BRB, I using my French in Regiments of 2x24. There may be one that is full strength 3x24, but only one.

The British and their Allies will be fielded in Battalions of 24 men in 6 bases.

BigRedBat said...

Big battalions! Quite a lot of French, then!

Davenz said...

They look so great...
custom bedroom furniture