Saturday, April 16, 2011

Warlord Plastic Romans

I have to say that when I first saw the plastic Romans from Warlord Games, I didn't take to them much. I thought the features were a little cartoony, rich coming from me I know. However, after buying some ready made on E-Bay, I was forced to buy and make up some more to complete the unit. The joy of creating the figures took me straight back to the early 80's as I waded through my first box of plastic Space marines, I was completely hooked again. This joy was added too as I painted them up really quickly by spraying them silver, then adding tunic and flesh details. They look good and were a joy to make. In fact I have gone as far to buy a few more boxes so It looks like another Legion may be on It's way. They are rather small though compared with some ranges but fit in well with the early Foundry Imperial Romans, which is lucky for me. I highly recommend them, great fun.

5 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Great pic!!(LoL!!)

Cheers
Christopher

Scutatus said...

owch, that has to hurt.

Secundus said...

No he's just plastic, he has no feeling, unlike the lead master race.

Mark said...

Hi secundus,

I’m a huge fan of your artwork and would love to learn about the materials you use to create such stunning artwork.

Kind regards

Mark.

lymacsau said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp máy photocopy và dịch vụ cho thuê máy photocopy giá rẻ, uy tín TP.HCM với dòng máy photocopy toshiba và dòng máy photocopy ricoh uy tín, giá rẻ.